The Institute of Legal Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences has published the second, revised and supplemented edition of the monograph entitled International Cooperation of Competition Authorities in Europe: From Bilateral Agreements to Transgovernmental Networks, edited by Mateusz Błachucki.
The collective monograph is devoted to the international cooperation of the national competition authorities (NCAs) of EU Member States. It discusses examples of bilateral cooperation (between the competent national authorities from Germany and Austria or the Czech Republic and Slovakia), regional cooperation (between Nordic competent national authorities) and cooperation within the continental network (with particular emphasis on the changes introduced by the ECN + Directive). The book also contains an analysis of national experiences in international cooperation (Italy, Slovakia and Spain). The issues of the independence of NCAs, the fundamental rights of companies and the supervision of international cooperation of NCAs are also covered.
The authors are involved in the international cooperation of the competent national competition authorities, serving as case officers, members of international competition authority networks, non-governmental network advisors, academics advising networks and national competition authorities, legal representatives of companies involved in these proceedings, members of other institutions involved in the process and others. This second edition of the monograph contains all previously published articles, which have been updated and revised by their authors, as well as one additional article by Margarida Rosado da Fonseca on Portuguese antitrust law
The second edition of the monograph includes all previously published, yet updated, articles and includes one additional article by Margarida Rosado da Fonseca on Portuguese antitrust law.
The publication, which was published in the Open Access model as a result of an NCN grant (UMO-2016/23/B/HS5/03605 ‘Supranational networks of public administration bodies and their impact on the national legal order [on the example of networks of competition protection bodies]’), awarded to Dr Mateusz Błachucki, Professor of ILS PAS, is available in the repository e-Law Library.
Table of contents:
- Stephen Calkins, Reflections on international cooperation
- Mateusz Błachucki, On the Phenomenon of International Cooperation of Ncas: from Networks of Authorities to Networks of People – Introduction
- Cleo Alliston, Better Connected: European Co-operation in Telecoms Cases
- Andreas Bardong, The EU Merger Working Group: Looking Through the Rear View Mirror
- Mateusz Błachucki, Supervision over the International Activities of National Competition Authorities (The Polish Experience)
- Wolfgang Heckenberger, Elements of an Effective Antitrust Compliance Programme
- Erica Lovasová, Daniela Lukáčová, Milestones and Challenges for Effective International Cooperation in Competition Matters: the Experience of the Slovak NCA
- Adriana Meijide Vidal, Marta Garcia Álvarez, Trends in Merger Control in Spain
- Marta Michałek-Gervais, Protection of the Fundamental Rights of Companies Under the ECN+ Directive: a Milestone or a Missed Opportunity?
- Michele Pacillo, International Cooperation and the Role of Multilateral Organisations: the Italian Experience
- Martin Sauermann, Fabian Pape, European Size of Transaction Tests within the EUMR’s Case Referral System and the German-Austrian Guidance Paper
- Eduard Paulus, How the Correlation of Public and Private Enforcement Affects International Cooperation Between Competition Authorities in Europe – a Legal Historic Review
- Rita Prates, Ricardo Bayão Horta, Cooperation in Multijurisdictional Merger Filings: the ECA Notice Mechanism
- Rafał Stankiewicz, ECN+ Directive and Projected Changes in Polish Competition Law: Towards the Political and Judicial Independence of the Polish Competition Authority
- Maarit Taurula, Background and Benefits of the Cooperation Agreement Between the Nordic Competition Authorities
- David Viros, Coperation in the Field of Competition Enforcement: Takeaways for National Competition Authorities from the Prevailing International Legal Landscape
- Margarida Rosado da Fonseca, Amendments to the Competition framework during Troika times in Portugal. A soft tool for enhancing enforcement a decade before ECN+
A review of the publication by Jacob Kornbeck, an official of the European Commission (Youth Unit), was published in „Österreichische Zeitschrift für Kartellrecht” 2021 No. 1.
Seria: Legal Monographs
Editor: dr hab. prof. ILS PAS Mateusz Błachucki
Reviewers: dr hab. prof. UKSW Bartosz Majchrzak, dr hab. prof. ILS PAS Grzegorz Materna
Rok wydania: 2021
ISBN: 978-83-66300-22-4 (hbk)
e-ISBN: 978-83-66300-23-1 (ebook)
Number of pages: 308
Format: book (hardcover), ebook: pdf in OA
View other books published by Dr. habil. Mateusz Błachucki, available from the INP PAN Publishing House:
Order can be placed on: