The mission of the Institute of Legal Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences is to conduct high quality scientific research in the field of legal sciences in order to support the functioning of a democratic state of law.
Our strategic goals include:
- strengthening the importance and position of the Institute in Poland and abroad by conducting high quality scientific research, in particular comparative, international and interdisciplinary research;
- maintaining high standards of the academic careers of the staff;
- developing research groups around academic leaders and the current research problems of international importance;
- enhancing research potential by creating conditions for the mobility of researchers;
- creating facilities for expert research at the Institute; and
- popularising and commercialising the findings of research.